Finance and HR Officer
Ada, National College for Digital Skills is a small college in Tottenham Hale, north London and Whitechapel, east London, we have a very diverse student body from a wide range of backgrounds and are committed to using tech as a tool for social mobility. We offer a supportive culture for students and staff and our excellent industry links ensure you get regular formal and informal CPD to support your development.
The successful candidate will provide comprehensive administrative support and technical know how to the Operations team, including the Business Manager and HR Manager. Working with staff within the college and any associated business, they will assist in the smooth running of the college on a day to day basis.
We are looking for a positive and professional team player, with the confidence to deal with enquiries from staff, suppliers and agencies in a calm and polite manner to join us at Ada, National College for Digital Skills. The successful candidate will be proactive, able to use their initiative and understand the need to respect confidentiality.
Ada, has recently been judged ‘Good’ by Ofsted and this is an exciting time to join the team.
Our goal is to provide excellent Finance and HR support to employees and managers across our two sites in Tottenham and Whitehall and your key responsibilities will include:
• ensuring that purchase requisitions are received and processed on the accounting system in a timely manner,
• ensuring that all expenditure is recorded against the relevant nominal code and cost account, and that the correct VAT code is used,
• preparing mid and end of the month BACS payment run and ensure that suppliers are paid within payment terms,
• ensuring that all requests for sales invoices are monitored and chased so that the prompt payment is received,
• completing bank reconciliations weekly in the Xero finance system
• providing accurate data for Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) in monthly data returns,
• liaising with CIVICA support team to seek advice on better use of MIS (REMS),
• obtaining quotes for advertising on various job boards and recruitment media channels in a timely and accurate fashion ensuring the best possible exposure for vacancies
• coordinating interview/selection logistics including room bookings, diary management, scheduling and preparation of relevant materials and sending invites to candidates
• maintaining spreadsheets and trackers to ensure all relevant HR information is collected and collated (eg vacancies, DBS and other pre-employment checks, probationary periods, performance management, exit interviews.)
• supporting the Finance and HR Managers with all area related policies, processes and projects as required.
We welcome applications from candidates who:
● have previous Officer/Administrator experience and who are used to working with limited supervision
● can demonstrate the ability to undertake administrative tasks and development of effective office systems and procedures
● have the ability to work successfully as part of a team, establishing effective working relationships and flexible working practices
● have the ability to work under pressure in a constantly changing and demanding environment
● have excellent written communication skills and interpersonal skills
● have excellent organisational and time management skills
● enjoy working in a small, dynamic team
● have a good understanding of equal opportunities issues as they affect students, their families and colleagues
● have a strong desire to contribute to the continuous improvement of a young, fast-growing organisation
● are aligned with the values of the College in their approach to their work.
Ada, National College for Digital Skills is committed to making a difference to the lives of the students with whom we work and as such you must show a willingness to demonstrate commitment to the values and behaviours, which flow from the Ada ethos and mission statement.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of students and young people and we expect all staff to share this commitment. Any job offer will be conditional on various, appropriate, pre-employment checks including a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) check and Barred List Check; the legal right to work in the UK and satisfactory overseas criminal records checks, if deemed necessary, and supportive references.