Data Analytics Tech Trainer / Lecturer
Welcome to Ada!
We are a specialist digital skills college training and developing diverse higher-level apprentices into fantastic roles in the tech sector and transforming their lives in the process. We work with over 30 of the most cutting-edge companies on the planet. They choose us because of the amazing quality of our teaching, learning and support.
We are growing rapidly. We have nearly 250 apprentices on roll from a wide range of backgrounds: 75% are recent school leavers, though the oldest is 42. A third are young women, one third BAME and many come from tough backgrounds. They represent over 15 different nationalities. They are united by their passion and enthusiasm for tech!
Apprentices enrol on one of three degree apprenticeships: software development, data analytics or a more generalist tech consultant programme all of which are validated by the Open University. All of our apprenticeship training is currently delivered from our Whitechapel campus, just minutes from the tube and train station.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic professionals who are keen to take on a new challenge and demonstrate their skills at teaching, sharing their expertise across a range of tech related topics with the next generation of digital pioneers. We will invest in your development so that you can develop your skills and change the lives of thousands of young people with a passion for tech desperate to break into the sector.
Your role will be integral in ensuring on-going high standards of teaching for our degree programmes. We will work with you to identify which modules you have expertise in and give you exposure to new modules in a supporting role. You will have a significant part in shaping a new type of education institution that is on track to have a national impact.
Nature of the role: Full time and Part time roles available
Responsible for: being an effective lecturer & then leading learning for specific modules of degree apprenticeships
Salary: £30,000 - £50,000 dependent on relevant experience and qualifications
Closing date for applications: Thursday 19 March 2020. We reserve the right to remove the advert should an excellent candidate be identified before this date so early applications are recommended
Start date: Spring 2020
Ultimately you will lead the delivery and assessment of a range of modules for our degree programmes, creating and adapting content to ensure it is up to date and fit for purpose, facilitating other industry professionals to support you and co-ordinating with support lecturers and our apprenticeship skills coaches to ensure that the curriculum meets the apprentices’ needs.
You will have specific responsibility for modules on the Data Analytics pathway, being the champion for those apprentices on this course. You should ensure that they experience a logical and comprehensive learning experience. Their modules have an underlying skillset built on Python and a sound statistical understanding. You do not need to deliver all the modules on this course but you need to ensure that they all meet the highest quality standards.
As part of the wider teaching team at Ada, you will collaborate with your peers (including all our 6th form staff) and team members, giving and receiving feedback, planning ahead and supporting each other to ensure an ever-improving experience for our apprentices and a culture of continued professional development for all staff members.
- Learn to be an effective lecturer for specific modules aligned to your experience and expertise
- Lead the delivery of engaging course material to apprentices and ensure their educational progress
- Differentiate your teaching style and learning materials for a diverse range of abilities and prior experience
- Update and create new learning content for existing lectures and workshops preferably applying it to real world scenarios
- Create and mark assignments and exams
- Provide feedback to apprentices on their progress and provide additional support where necessary
- Work collaboratively with the teaching team to ensure that individualised support programmes are in place for learners such as those with Special Educational Needs
- Supporting the programme management team with reviewing work-based evidence
● EITHER: Professional experience in software development or data analytics
● AND/OR Degree/Higher Apprenticeship in technical subject (Computer Science, Software Engineering, STEM with demonstrable use of technology)
● Teaching experience
● Experience of academic assessment
Personal Qualities, Aptitudes and Skills:
- Strong collaborative working skills
- A strong interest in teaching
- A passion towards sharing your knowledge and supporting others to learn effectively
- Ability to inspire people
- Excellent time management, organisational and planning skills
The successful candidate will be required to apply for an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check and completed other pre-employment checks appropriate to the role. Further information about the DBS be found at www.gov.uk.